We are facing a critical time in our industry that has not been experienced for years and it is making it very challenging in regards to the effect on all supply chains.
See the below information:
- Equipment shortages in China are being experienced. Carriers are doing all possible to replenish origins however the imbalance in trade is making this increasingly difficult and it is also very costly to send empties back to Asia.
- Space is extremely short at this time from all China base ports. The arbitrary origins ports are even worse due to the smaller feeder vessels so trucking from the feeder port to the mainline POL is required in many cases.
- Rates are at an all-time high and continue to increase with premium rates being required in exchange for space. Even with premium rates there is no guarantee of obtaining space on the requested vessels.
- The space situation is most critical at this writing to the USEC however the USWC is also problematic.
- For cargo that is needed to the USEC and/or inland locations you may wish to consider discharge on the USWC and then transloading into domestic trucks to move inland, as needed, to keep the cargo flowing.
- We do not expect that this situation will improve in the short term and could last thru August based on all indications at this time.
In order to assist you with your imports it is critical that you confirm the bookings immediately when sent so we can work on gaining space as needed. The space situation changes from day to day due to the overall volume of orders being requested so important to advise ASAP to assist us to gain the space on your behalf.
Thanks for your continue support and rest assured we are doing all possible to keep your cargo moving.