The U.S. Domestic & International trucking sectors are currently facing a number of challenges that are causing a significant shortage of available trucking capacity.
Those major factors which are responsible for impacting truck power capacity are as follows:
– Diminishing driver workforce / Difficulty attracting new drivers to the industry
– Limited availability of specialty drivers (HAZMAT, Tank, Refrigerated, Over-weight)
– Restrictive free time schedule / allowance at Rail Ramps
– Tightening truck regulatory requirements – New ELD (Electronic Logging Device) rule taking effect on Dec. 18, 2017, which will strictly limit Hours of Service.
– Growing operational costs for Trucking companies
As the truck power capacity shortage is expected to worsen through the coming months, it may become increasingly difficult for USPTI to pick-up / deliver loads in a timely fashion.
Please allow for additional lead time enabling us to arrange for intermodal pick-ups and deliveries. We continue to work with our inland carriers and will do all that is possible to comply with your requirements but wanted you to be aware of the prevailing operational constraints.
Please contact your USPTI representative with any questions you may have.